Thursday, October 27, 2011

Stash Control

Good morning bloggity peoples!

Today is a much better day than yesterday. Yesterday I went to the doctor for a whole bushel of things, but chiefly to try and find a solution for these stinky headaches I get. For the past few months, I've been getting awful headaches almost daily for usually around five hours. They come with fatigue, horrid throbbing pain, and general inability to do much. Doctor G (I say G because her real last name is unspellable and unpronounceable) and I concluded that they're a combination of allergy-related sinus headaches and chronic tension headaches. So, +2 to Beth's daily prescription regimen - Flonase for the allergies and Topamax, a twice-daily migraine preventative.

She also confirmed my suspicions about having another fibroadenoma (a benign fibrous breast lump), and I'm going Monday for an ultrasound. Super. I've had one before, and the whole ultrasound/biopsy/lumpectomy thing is not too bad, considering how much worse it could be. Just adds another thing to worry about.

Anyway, after I got back from the doctor I was hit by a particularly icky one of those headaches, and spent the day pretty much on the couch doing some mindless knitting and listening to The Hound of the Baskervilles, as recorded on Wade kept me supplied with tea and with heating pads for my neck, and hugs! So gradually it subsided down to a level where I was fidgety but yet still somewhat in pain, and I decided to undertake an easy but important household project: organizing my yarn stash!

My sister was going to come down on Friday and visit and help me, since she is an organizational goddess, but I got itchy and decided to do it yesterday. Sitting on the floor winding balls of yarn, photographing them for Ravelry, and putting them in drawers was about my speed, since I didn't have to move my head much. So, for your viewing pleasure, here are before and after photos!

First, I took all the yarn that was haphazardly overflowing from my yarn basket and piled it on the floor. Not pretty. Mixed in that pile are several works-in-progress, and all kinds of little leftover yarn bits.

Then I sorted out all the WIP's and leftover yarns, and began winding everything. I photographed it all with my horrible camera that refuses to focus and makes grainy pictures, and then sorted it into the drawers according to what made sense to my brain.

Add to it a little organization of the wooden drawers, which contain needles, notions, and patterns, and I'm a happy camper!

After that, it was dinnertime, and I was feeling mostly better. The headache had subsided and, other than a mild fever due to the cold that I'm fairly sure is coming (I always get a little fever with a cold), I was in good shape. So Wade and I decided to download a new game, Runes of Magic (free to play MMORPG), and while it was taking forever to download, we made dijon turkey cutlets. We had a nerd dinner (aka eating at our desks while playing games!) and enjoyed Runes of Magic.

When tired of gaming, I decided to attempt crocheting a broomstick stitch cuff bracelet with my purple skein of Louisa Harding Merletto. Let's just say I need to practice with a less splitty and finicky yarn first.

Then it was bedtime, and I actually slept quite well! Hooray! Sleeping and I don't get along very well. Back to work today, and it's gloomy and rainy as could be outside. I'm glad that I feel better, and that it's Thursday!

Ok, that's all that's new today. I hope you all have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment